Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis coming to the Wii U?
Industry veteran Paul Gale, who is generally regarded as a trusted source, has heard word that Rocksteady Studios might be working on a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis, as a follow-up to the well-received Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City games. The game is allegedly in development for the Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
The ramblings include a whole slew of interesting details, which you can find right after the break.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.
We can deliver all the latest Wii U news straight to your inbox every morning. Want in?